Monday, October 28, 2019

Make-A-List Monday - Crunch Time!

Hi, all!

Wow, last week really flew by, didn't it?  And we are now officially into fall and the busy season - Halloween is this week and then stuff starts happening fast and furious!  I've been setting up Christmas parties this week, getting them on everyone's "save the date" list. But all the regular stuff goes on at the same time, so let's see how last week's list went...

1.  Quilt and bind the t-shirt commission quilt.
Done!  More pictures soon...


2.  Paint a backdrop for my Trunk or Treat display.
Done!  And I have lots more pictures I'll be posting on Friday!


3.  Sew the centers on the special request quilt.
Done, and it's on the frame ready to be quilted!


4.  Make progress on the My Small World quilts.
I finished the rest of the blocks for the quilt-along (month of 10/15-11/15) and here they are in all their glory!  Top to bottom, they are: Lilli's, Emmy's, Nathanael's.




5.  Prep for my Joann's class this week.
Done!  And it was a great first class - a good way to dip my toe in the water of teaching.  These are the blocks we pieced!


6.  Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up.
Done!  We gave away a few quilts this week...

These three went to a father, mother, and sister of a young man who died very unexpectedly while on a mission trip with his parents last week.  The father is the pastor  of a church our church partners with in Oregon.




And this quilt went to a gentleman diagnosed with stage 4 cancer last week.


And just in case you missed it, I had a "squirrel" moment and made this cute little pinny from scraps left over from the blocks I made for the My Small World quilts...


So that was my week!  I got lots done, but still have more to do than I can possibly get done, so here's my list for this week...

1.  Quilt the dresden plate quilt.

2.  Make progress on the My Small World quilts.

3.  Make a back for my Patchwork Forest QAL quilt.

4.  Quilt one customer quilt.

5.  Quilt at least one quilt for the quilt ministry.

6.  Start prepping for the quilt ministry Christmas party - a special sewing day as we all work on our own Patchwork Forest quilts!

7.  Start deep cleaning the house before upcoming Christmas parties (oh how I hate cleaning!).  I should probably start by making a list - and checking it twice!

8.  Keep up with any quilt ministry needs that come up.

I definitely won't have time to get up to any mischief this week!  And there are so many things I could add to this list - but I'd rather have a list I can finish than one that depresses me.  So we'll stick with this, and if I have any spare time, I'll pull one of the other projects to work on.  

So now, the question is - - - what are YOU working on this week?

Hugs!

Sarah

7 comments:

  1. Woah, that red and green lattice quilt is a beauty! Do you know, was that a pattern that might still be floating around out there somewhere? Great job on your list - always very inspiring (though I read your lists more than I accomplish anything on my own...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the ministry quilts, and 3 to one family, what love they received wrapped up in fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list for your week! I'm sewing some triangle in a square blocks with my string block triangles for the center. AND I'm making some blocks to go with the ShooFly blocks for the sew along I'm doing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A feast for the eyes-great array of quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh, I just got tired reading your list!! LOL So sad the need for the 3 quilts..I can't imagine. I found a cute pattern that looks relatively easy. I'm planning on making a couple of tops for our church quilt group.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!