Wednesday, October 2, 2019

I May Have A Scrap Problem... It's a Small, Small World!

Hi, all!

Well, it's been a busy week of sewing, and I managed to work in a little bit of time for the three My Small World quilts!  Here's my progress for this week...


Tiny churn dash blocks (3" finished) was the goal this week, and these two are for Lilli's version.


I found some really cute little scraps to fussy cut for these two, which will go into Emmy's version.


And these two green guys will go into Nathanael's quilt!

I'm really proud to say that I have been using my drawers of cut-up scraps to pull the pieces for all of these blocks.  The pattern calls for 1 7/8" squares for the tiny corner HSTs, which means that my 2" squares are perfect for those - plenty of space to trim down to size.  And I can use either the 2" squares or the 1.5" squares for the rest of the block!  Considering I have LOTS of 1.5", 2", 2.5" and 5" squares already cut, I should be good for most of these quilts - and if not, there's always the scrap bins!  

So just in case you are looking for a good scrap-busting pattern, I highly recommend any of Jen Kingwell's patterns - they are always amazing!


And how about a little scrappy inspiration?  I had the chance to meet @tracysbitsnpieces in person at a Jen Kingwell trunk show locally, and I absolutely love everything she posts on Instagram - she's a constant source of inspiration!  So now I have another quilt on my bucket list....

Hugs!

Sarah

3 comments:

  1. Hi Sarah, you are so brave to work with such tiny pieces - I don't have the patience for it, LOL. Your tiny churn dash blocks look great...and that scrappy inspiration is splendid!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a very pretty little scrap quilt but your work is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute quilt. I must not start a new project, I must not start a new project, I must not start a new project, I wanna start a a new project.

    The cry of the hopeless scrap quilter with too many UFO's on the go...

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!