Friday, July 3, 2020

Can I Get Whoop Whoop? A Bit of This and That...

Hi, all!

Happy 4th of July weekend, at least if you are here in the US!  This year certainly seems to be going by in a flash but here we are at Friday again - and that means it's time for us to get our whoop whoop on!  Are you ready?  Let's get started!

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

This week has been a crazy one, and I've been working on a lot of things, but haven't finished much lately.  Or rather, I've finished some small things, continued working on some big things, and done a little dreaming about future possibilities!

I made a prototype clear mask that is much easier to make than my last attempt....


...and made some pretty masks for a friend of mine!



I continued working on the blog hop project - quilting has started!


And I fooled around with some scraps on my cutting table.  After seeing this pic on Instagram...


I remembered some scraps on my sewing table - the remnants of my Moongate quilt - and yesterday I played with laying them out to see if I'd have enough to do something similar.  And I do!  So they are tucked away for a future project.


And best of all, yesterday when I went to Joann's to get some muslin for a quilt back, I lucked out and got some Kona black, which had just come in to the store that morning.  I have been looking for it, or actually any 100% black cotton, for a week or more, and can't find it anywhere.  I think it's being diverted for mask making.  But I sure was glad to have the chance to get 3 yards for my stash!


And one last thing - I'm trying to quietly start a revolution, so I put up a challenge on Facebook - #WhoDoYouMaskFor.

For ten days, I'm going to share a picture of someone I wear a mask for, with an explanation of why.  I'll also challenge someone else to do the same for ten days.  There are so many people in my part of the country who feel that wearing a mask is an infringement of their personal rights!  I'm hoping to open some eyes and change a few hearts and minds.  Feel free to join me if you want!

So - - - can I get a whoop whoop?

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

And now it's your turn!

What's got you whooping it up this week?


What's making you do a little happy dance?

Share!  We want to dance right along with you,

And it's always more fun to dance with friends!

The party will stay open until Sunday midnight.

Hope to see you there!

Hugs!

Sarah

12 comments:

  1. I am so not going to let you tempt me with that scrappy log cabin blow, thought it does look fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've been busy, as usual! I'm so curious about that Christmas project, and I'm liking what you are doing with those scraps and the IG inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still feel better wearing a mask, even though the majority I see do not. sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the #whodoyoumaskfor! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Who do you mask for? Exactly! Good idea. I hate to be judgmental, but it seems like refusing to wear a mask is a very self centered decision. I don't like wearing one; my glasses fog up; uncomfortable, etc etc, but the alternative is unacceptable to me. As our health department official said, "I wear a mask to protect you; you wear a mask to protect me. It's a beautiful thing."

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a beautiful design. We all definitely need to wear masks and stay away from each physically.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on starting the quilting for the Hop quilt, Sarah (and for figuring out the "window" mask design!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Regarding the muslin you use for quilt backs, is there a special brand or color you buy at Joann? I have some fabric I obtained from a yard sale that I have used for the back of table toppers which works well. I don't know if it's considered muslin or if it's just a real nice piece of quilting cotton. If I have to get more at a store I'd like to know what's best to look for. Thanks!
    Kathleen - kakingsbury at verizon dot net

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your window mask is great! Very thoughtful. The masks you made for your friend are so pretty. I find myself making pretty masks as well. I found some black Moda fabric over at Etsy. Black and grey seem to be in short supply.

    I don't use Facebook, expept for my LQS's video sales, but I wear my masks for
    1) myself, as I am a cancer survivor,
    2) my grandson, whose lungs work at 80% all the time,
    3) my father, who has stage 4 cancer with mets,
    4) my husband, to keep him and his co-workers safe,
    5) my mother, who is elderly and has health conditions,
    6) my sister, a social worker in a hospital,
    7) my healthcare providers,
    8) my elderly neighbors to whom I provide an occasional meal/snacks,
    9) my LQS employees whom I love dearly,
    and
    10) for all those around me regardless of their views.

    Take good care and stay safe everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well I wear my mask everytime I'm out in public for myself and others. I will be totally glad when this mess dies down and I don't have to wear a mask but why take the chance. Thanks for sharing your projects

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!