Wednesday, July 1, 2020

I May Have A Scrap Problem.... A Sneak Peek and Some Inspiration!

Hi, all!

I want to play in my scraps so-o-o-o-o-o much - but I'm working on a project for an upcoming blog hop that I must get done first.  Here's a sneak peek of what I'm working on....


It's still a work in progress, and there are some kinks to work out, but I'm liking the way it's coming together.  It is scrappy, though, so I don't feel like it's cheating to put it on here today!

And now for this week's inspiration (which has been coming hard and fast on Instagram - there are some fabulous scrap quilters on there!)

Let's start with some string quilts!  Here's a great array with so much variety - and now can you understand why I want to play with my scraps?





Now, I don't know about you, but I always love a good I-Spy quilt, and this one is a beauty....


Simple squares next, but the color gradations really makes this quilt!


I've been looking at this next design, and I *think* it's four log cabin blocks, with the colored strips being made of pieced scrappy strips.  I REALLY want to give this one a try! (Ooh, and I may have just the leftover pieces to do it with - the scraps from my Moongate quilt!)


Here's another great quilt using squares - I think two sizes of squares, maybe 2.5" and 4.5"?  Once again, I could so easily make this with stuff I've already got cut, so maybe I should drag some of it out....


And in honor of the Fourth of July, how about a quilt with stars and stripes?  This looks like it would be so much fun to make....


So I've now done my job enabling your scrappy sewing habit - go enjoy yourself!

Hugs!

Sarah

10 comments:

  1. Your peek looks totally fabulous, and the scrappy quilts below, all great inspirations.Rachel from New York, that is a beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh sarah you are a temptress of the worst kind...LOL! very nice scrappy choices...

    ReplyDelete
  3. The project you're working on is so pretty, love it! The inspiration quilts are great too. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The wedges are stunning! I hope it continues to go well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gee, thanks, Sarah!! I was just putting together my list for the Summer UFO Club. MUST resist your enabling!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The chunky log cabin is really intriguing! I've been using scraps that are 2.5" wide but less than a square in size as a leader/ender project. Just sewing them into long strips. I thought maybe a coin quilt would come out of it, but uneven log cabins would be super cool, too! Meanwhile, your big circle o' wedges look great! Will it be a Christmas tree skirt? Can't wait for more glimpses :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I already have too many scrap projects underway, but there are some great one here.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so loving your Dresden design.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Dresden is looking really nice. I love the red stripes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!