Friday, January 15, 2021

Can I Get a Whoop Whoop? Comfort Sewing For The Win!

 

Hi, all!

Friday has rolled around once again, and it's been another wild and turbulent week, hasn't it?  I don't know about you, but I've been indulging in "comfort sewing" as a way to cope with everything that's going on.  I hope, if you have, you will join in today's whoop whoop session so we can all boost each other up a little bit. That's important in times like these!  So let's get started...

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

As I told you, I've been indulging in comfort sewing. That's been a good thing, because I've been ripping through the prototypes for the String Therapy tutorial series that comes up later this month.  Since I last posted, I finished this one...


Hard to believe, but that quilt top came out of strips contained in the plastic storage bin at the upper right of this picture. And it wasn't even full!  It always amazes me how far those scraps will go.


Thursday I grabbed my tub of Kate Spain Latitude batik scraps, and started cutting strips for the next (and final!) quilt.


And here's my progress so far on that one - about 1/3 of the way to finished.  I've still got a ways to go!  But I'm so excited that this is the last one, and I can start writing the tutorials soon!

So - - - can I get a whoop whoop?

*&*&*&*&*&*&*

And now it's your turn!

What's got you whooping it up this week?


What's making you do a little happy dance?

Share! We want to dance right along with you,

And it's always more fun to dance with friends!

The party will stay open until Sunday midnight.

Hope to see you there!

Hugs!

Sarah


14 comments:

  1. That's quite a new idea for the new quilt! I like the strips but how do you figure it all out--graph paper for me! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your comfort sewing - its all turning out so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Turbulent is putting it lightly! For all of us who thought 2021 was going to be the fresh start, I think it was a gut punch. If it wasn't for the distraction and comfort of quilting I might just go mad!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Still cooking and cleaning here. HA! I made two different cucumber salads yesterday and spare ribs in the Instant Pot. Next up is more egg rolls in my dutch oven that we can freeze and then chicken and dumplin's in the IP again. I did manage to sew some pieces for my quilt border. Praying we can ALL live through this next week! And yeah, we're going to need more rustic bread ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such pretty string quilts!

    Michelle
    https://mybijoulifeonline.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Comfort sewing is great, but not as tasty as comfort eating. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, the scraps are like the oil lamps that the Israelites brought out of Egypt -- they never seem to run out! I swear my scrap bins multiply when I'm not looking. My habit of buying FQs to mix in with the scraps does not help, either. For every inch of fabric I use from the scrap bin, I probably put in ten inches of new scraps that I just created! Both of your string quilts are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love string piecing, often use it as my leaders and enders.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another pretty strip quilt to string us along until your tutorials are released, Sarah... Can't WAIT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your progress has been so fun to watch on Instagram! Comfort sewing is what we all need!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Although I was hoping to do a blog post this week I did not. It has been a very busy weeks sewing wise. I am spending many hours on a challenge quilt project and the reveal will be in late February so there is nothing blogworthy to share. I have also been busy with a dress and between the challenge project am making progress on that every day as well. I do hope to have more to share this year on my blog.
    Your string projects look great. Years ago after cutting out all the parts for a generous queen scrappy quilt I put the entire project into a gallon zip lock bag............yup when you look at a scrap bin there likely are many quilts in it. Scrap bin quilts are big on my list this year as well so I do hope to have lots to share in the coming months.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm looking forward to the tutorial for that last quilt. I've got a ton of floral strips and scraps that I think would look great in this style. Yeah, just what I need, another quilt in progress. Here's hoping the predictions of chaos and violence are over-hyped and we get through the next week without more trauma.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  13. That scrappy stack quilt ❤️! It is amazing how far scraps go! My bins never come close to empty!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your scrappy quilts, Sarah and I agree those scraps go a long long way. I have been able to spend a few hours in the quilt room but have not got as much completed as you. Great job. Thank you so much for hosting the linky party . I am enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!