Monday, December 20, 2010

Make-A-List Monday #26! Breathing a Sigh of Relief....


Hi, all!!

It's the last Monday before Christmas!!  Are you ready yet?  I'm so happy to say that I did well on my list this past week - so let's get right to it...

Here's the recap of last week's list:  

1.  Piece a back for Christmas Gift Quilt #1.
Done!!!  And quilted, too! (See #5 below...)

2.  Quilt Christmas Gift Quilt #2.
Done!!  (I'll have to show you pics later - this one's for Lilli and I forgot to get pictures before she came over!)

3.  Make more mug rugs.
Done!! (But there are still more to make - just luckily not for Christmas!)


4.  Clothes for the naked doll!
Done!  I decided to check out the ones I found her in, and it turned out that they were in remarkably good shape, especially considering how old they are!  So I pressed them up and dressed her in them and I think she looks pretty good for an old gal....
This doll came out of my grandmother's attic.
 The chair she's sitting in was my grandmother's also, when she was a little girl,
and was given to my daughter the year she turned three!

5.  Sandwich and quilt Christmas Gift #1.
Done and done!!
Just a sneak peek on this one, since it's a Christmas gift!
I also made a couple of really cool Christmas gifts that weren't on last week's list, but can't show even a peek until after Christmas....

And now, here's what I'd like to get done this week!

1.  Make some mermaid dolls.

2.  Make a house block for Beth's challenge/contest!

3.  Make a baby girl quilt for the quilt ministry.

4.  Begin designing my ALQS5 quilt.

And of course, finish Christmas shopping and wrapping!!  But those are my sewing goals for the week....

I hope you're having a wonderful week and Christmas season - just remember, no matter how crazy it all seems to get and how stressed out you are, the first Christmas was very simple - no special decorations, fancy food, or electronic gadgets - just the best gift of all, the Baby in a manger.

Merry Christmas!

Sarah

11 comments:

  1. Wow, you have really been quite industrious! Congrats! And that rolled quilt looks like quite a beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOu're such a busy girl! I don't know how you do it ALL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go Sarah! I'd say the old gal (doll) looks just dandy. Will the chair become Lilli's now?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhh, I so am just dying that you got that doll out of your grandmas attic! What a treasure that is!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Busy, busy, busy! Love the mug rugs and the sneak peak at the quilt! The doll is very pretty and the chair is absolutely wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sarah, you do beautiful quilting and I love the mug rugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are amazing girlie! Wow....is all I can say about all that you have accomplished.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! You have been productive! Have a happy holiday and I loved seeing your projects!
    Micki

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!