Thursday, December 16, 2010

Three years ago today......

Hi, all!

Three years ago today, my husband and I were heading out the driveway to church when we got "the call" - our daughter and son-in-law were headed to the hospital, in labor!!!  Later on that day, guess who showed up?



Then about two and a half years ago, when I started keeping her four days a week, Lilli became my near-constant companion.  Here's a pic of her shortly after I got to keep her on a regular basis....



Nowadays, we have lots of fun together "sewing" - she critiques all my quilts, and yes, a couple of them have not been appreciated as fully as I thought they should be, so don't think she's just a "yes man"!!   Since she can't read this (yet!) I'll tell you that she's getting her own Dr. Seuss quilt and a child's sewing machine for Christmas, so hopefully she'll let me have my sewing machine back and make something on hers!!


But maybe that's hoping for a little too much....


Since she appears to have claimed squatter's rights on my Christmas present....


But how could you say no to this face?  Happy Third Birthday, Lilli!!

Later!

Nana (aka Sarah)

16 comments:

  1. Happy birthday, Lilli! She's a sweetie:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Lilli! I would love to have a sewing buddy as adorable as her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. she is so precious!!! happy birthday! she looks like a girl with good taste in machines and a great sewing companion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't a baby the sweetest Christmas gift?? My first born came two days after :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday Lilli!! What a sweetheart - and I could defintely not say no to that cutie of a face :) You are so fortunate to be able to care for her and create such loving memories - she will always treasure her Nana!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a darling girl! They grow up way too fast. You are lucky to be able to have so much time with her. I too am a "Nana"...Hugs to Lilli!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww happy birthday to Lilli! She's the cutest thing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. lucky you! 7/8 of my grandchildren are over 1000 miles away...I have one that is a little over an hour from me...

    She is so lucky to have a Nana like you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gosh she's a cutie! It does look like she's laid (literally) claim to your new Juki. :-) Perhaps when she sees her own though, you'll get a reprieve.

    Happy Birthday Lilli!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hard to believe she was that tiny baby in the picture just a few short years ago. Happy birthday, Lilli! Ooh, she's going to squeal when she gets her Christmas presents from Nana!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday Lilli! Looking forward to seeing her Seuss.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a happy little girl!!! Enjoy HER day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ohhhh...happy happy birthday Lilli!!!! Please give her big hugs and kisses on the forehead from me :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Birthday Lilli! You are a beautiful little girl ... luv your smile and blonde hair!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!