Monday, December 6, 2010

100 Quilts For Christmas - Here's Another One!



Hi, all!

In case you haven't seen it anywhere else in blogland, there is a great charity event going on out there called 100 Quilts For Christmas.  Here is the low-down on how to participate:

1. Make a blanket
2. Take a picture
3. Donate the blanket to someone or an organization of your choice
4. Post a picture of the quilt on any of three link-up days, and of course there will be prizes, including a grand prize drawing on Wednesday, December 15!
5. Here are the link-up days and locations:
Monday November 29 -- Amy Lou Who's blog
Monday, December 6 -- Swim, Bike, Quilt's blog
Monday, December 13 -- Aunt Spicy's blog
6. Also posting pictures on Flickr 

This week, I have a really special quilt to share with you.  Pam, a member of our quilt ministry group, made this quilt using some Saffron Craig fabric that I won this summer and Kate Conklin's Skittles quilt design.  


This quilt is going to a young lady who will soon be adopted into her "forever" home - this way she will have something of her own to bring to her new life!  


I love Pam's quilting on this - lots of love went into this quilt!!


And look at her beautiful pieced back!!

I hope every time this young lady looks at her quilt she knows how many people are praying for her and her new "forever family"!!

I'll be linking up over at Swim, Bike, Quilt's blog - be sure to check out and see all the beautiful quilts - and gather some inspiration to make your own quilt to post next week as they try to reach their goal of 100 Quilts for Christmas!!

Later!

Sarah

PS If you're looking for Make-A-List Monday, try here!

12 comments:

  1. I love that quilt! And what a special thought "something of her own". I'm sure it will be very loved and treasured.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My first prayer quilt is almost done. Hope it makes it in time!
    Also will have a bundle of dog blankies done too.

    I wasn't going to link up...but maybe I just will. We will see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful quilt! For such a special occasion, too:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a great quilt--exclamations for such an exciting time in the girl's life. :) The quilting is great, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That backing is AMAZING. Love it! I still have handmade things from when I was adopted. This is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a unique quilt! And such wonderful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cute quilt! Those colors all work surprisingly well together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The quilting looks great on this! I don't know how I missed it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello, I enjoy reading all of your article. I like to write a little comment to support you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing, this is a fantastic post. Looking forward to read more. Really Cool.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You must continue your writing. I’m confident, you’ve a huge readers’ base already!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello. splendid job. I did not anticipate this. This is a impressive story. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!